Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hibernation!

Hibernation Indeed!

No posts since Superbowl Sunday.

Not much going on in the garden for sure during this hibernation.

What passes for winter in Albuquerque seems to be behind us now. Not that I really miss the killer snow storms where I lived before, but a little more snow would be nice.  However, I have yet to buy a real winter coat since I came here.

So...today I did my indoor seeds - 96 cells in all!  Peppers, tomatoes, eggplants, cucumbers, broccoli, onions, and shallots.


Last year I used the Fast Start Seedstarter® from Gardener's Supply. I had much success, so I am using the setup again this year.  The total setup involves the seed trays, reservoirs, domes and grow lights that I also bought last year.



The lights were also purchased from Gardener's Supply.  Each light illuminates two trays.  The humidity is already building under the domes - necessary for proper seed growth.  Once there are leaves, the domes come off and the lights go on.

In the bucket is the coconut coir mix called Eco-Co®Coir Seedstarting Mix that is the planting medium - it works great.
 So...now is the waiting time, but at least the garden is started!


No comments:

Post a Comment